Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She is Here!!














































Here are some pictures of baby Kacie Lyn. She was born Saturday, June 13th at 11:52pm. She was 8lbs 4.9oz. and was 21.5" long!!! She was a big girl.




The delivery went fairly well. Harder than I had ever imagined, went much better after the epidural, highly recommend the epidural. We made it to 6 cm, but couldn't go any further without some meds. We were in labor from about 4:30 -12:00, so not too long. It was time, we were 4 days past our due date and the anticipation was killing us! God's timing is perfect however!! He has blessed us with such a wonderful joy and beautiful, perfect baby girl!
We had gone to the hospital on Thursday morning because she wasn't moving much and I was getting worried. Everything was fine and they said that I was probably in early labor and that I'd be back in 4-48 hours, so we had lunch, shopped and hung out for a while that after noon to see if things changed. Everything was the same that afternoon, so home we went and waited two more days.

Thank you all sooooo much for your prayers and support, we could not have done it without you and without the grace of God. What an amazing experience and one we will never forget. Of course it has brought Dan and I closer and we both just cherish the new little one in our family!!!

God Bless you all!!

4 comments:

Mark, Jordan, Spencer and Crosby said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Shelley! She's a doll! Glad you all are doing well, and that things went well with her birth.

Amy said...

OHMYGOODNESS, Shelley!! She is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy every moment with her; everything goes so fast...anyway, thanks again for calling yesterday. It was great to hear the details. Congratulations, Shelley and Dan! What a beauty!

Melicia said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! We can't wait to meet her! I'm glad things went well and she's finally here! Keep us posted!