Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras in the Clouds








Dan and I celebrated our 2nd Mardi Gras in the Clouds this weekend. Dan built the float and we all rode in the parade on Sat. I think he did a splendid job on it!!! So enjoy the fun pictures of everyone and the preparation. You all are invited to come join in the fun any time. I think this was the 8th annual Mardi Gras celebration in the Clouds. I think there were a couple thousand people on the streets for the parade, I wasn't quite ready for that. My mom and dad entered the tasting contest with a wonderful shrimp recipe and got 1st place - people's choice award, we are very proud of them!!! We got honorable mention for our float in the parade. Dan, Julie, Lyn and Gwen and I all celebrated and rode in the float for the 1st annual Mardi Gras, our float that year was my dad's boat 'Knot Enough' and we had tee-shirts that said 'Land Sharks', cleaver for a Real Estate company. It was a fun Sat. celebration with the whole family!!!

No comments: